Sunday, June 13, 2010

i should call this something (5.15.07)

hello, and welcome to another session of the late night chats! monday's are usually my day's to sleep in. so, as usual, i slept in til about 1 today. i took my good ole time getting up, getting something to eat, and then taking a shower. then josh calls me to ask about stamps for our wedding invitations. after two or three different phone calls, we determine that josh is going to purchase the stamps and that i would bring the invites over to his house so that we could put the address labels and stamps on them. in the middle of all the phone calls, i was trying to work on my senior thesis presentation. of course, you all know how well that went...haha! this procrastinator barely worked on her presentation and ended up reading my sorry excuse for a paper to the class as my presentation. i did tell the class, however, that it was merely a rough draft and an analysis rather than a thesis as it is supposed to be. i also told them that i was sorry to bore them with crap, which got a laugh! oh well. at this point, i really don't care. and, i always try to do things with excellence, but i've got senioritis -- i'm ready for graduation!!!




but, back to the invitations. i only printed 50 invites, 50 rsvp cards, and 50 maps (for the out-of-towners and for ppl who have no idea where my old church is). however, josh and i have at least 90-100 people on our guest list. so, sometime this week i have to print up 50 more of the invites and rsvp cards, but not the maps because quite a few of the guests actually attend my old church. lucky me. hmmmm.......where did my simple wedding plans go? on the up side, i didn't have to pay for the stamps (thanks, mom-in-law)!



life is quite the adventure, don't ya think?! seriously, though, i consider all the things that are going on in my life right now and think to myself how great i have it. i've been around the world (literally) and the things that i think are overwhelming and draining are nothing in comparison to what the world is experiencing. i can always thank god that i have a roof over my head, money to pay the bills and provide for my needs, and family and friends that love me. not only that, but i have hope in christ.....a hope that exceeds anything else that the world can even think to offer. i know, i know...there are skeptics that are reading this blog (wait, there are people that read this?!) and thinking to themselves, "hope is christ...yeah, right...he's never done anything for me" there are probably others that are thinking "what?! god doesn't even exist." i'd like to challenge you to reconsider those thoughts. re-examine your life, looking closely at specific moments when you felt like giving up....



i dunno about you, but i sure am tired! yet, i'm not sleepy. wonder why that always happens around this time of night? oh well. i'm off to drink milk (cuz i hear it does a body good!) and then i'm going to fall asleep to my "friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment