Sunday, June 13, 2010

inhaler story (5.8.07)

since sometime in january i've been sick off-and-on with a cold/bronchitis. i've had the nasty sneezing, running nose, wheezing, and that hacking cough. the doctor prescribed stuff for me, i'd take it, and my symptoms would go away. all except the wheezing. when i recently visited the doctor to get my lab results, she asked me how the cough and wheezing were. the cough is gone, however, the wheezing comes and goes. since it hasn't completely gone, i have to use an inhaler. now, most people don't have a huge fear of inhalers, and neither do i. yet, i do have this fear of not being able to breathe. thus, i've procrastinated in using the inhaler, until tonight. after driving to and from athens with my smoker fiance, and then having a coughing fit when i got home, the wheezing starting and didn't stop. therefore, i decided to use the inhaler. after prepping the inhaler and mentally preparing myself that i wasn't going to choke and die, i stuck the inhaler in my mouth and took my first puff. then i took a second puff. now, this is my first time using an inhaler, but 1) i didn't notice any difference in my breathing, which i suppose is normal because it's not a fast-acting inhaler, and 2) i think i did it wrong! instead of feeling like i was breathing anything in, i think the stuff went straight to my tongue. seriously, if i do it again tomorrow and the same thing happens, i'm not using the inhaler again. what's the point?




ok, this has nothing to do with the inhaler story, but i'm watching friends right now and phoebe, chandler, and joey are trying to come up with state names for pete (monica's new millionaire boyfriend). phoebe says "pete-dakota." chandler says "mississippete." and joey says "pete-chicago." lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment