Monday, June 14, 2010

what should i do? (10.10.07)

Hmmmmmm.............i've never had much trouble writing a blog as I'm having right now. Odd. Perhaps it's because today has been a really long day. I drove back and forth to Columbus and sat in a waiting room for a couple of hours. That's it. I'm drained.


There's a couple of things going on in my life right now. I've got to decide by Friday whether or not to go with my mom to the Ladies Retreat for the women of Church Triumphant. My mom has wanted to do this as a mother/daughter thing for 10 years, but I've never been able to go. I want to go, but I can't financially afford to go. I wish someone could sponsor me. Otherwise I have to dip into my savings. On the other hand, it will be good for me spiritually. I need some good quality alone time with God that I haven't had in a long time. I also want to spend some good quality time with my mom. She's needs me. What should I do?

Decisions can be hard to make sometimes. For instance, I have to decide by the end of this month whether or not to take the LSAT again. The thing is, I've always dreamed of going to law school. When I moved to Chicago and went back to school, I believed God was giving me that opportunity to finish school in order to pursue the dream of law school. Now I'm wondering if God gave me the opportunity, but in the process changed my dream? After not getting into law school, it seems even more possible that He's telling me that my dream has changed. I love theology and apologetics. That's what I'm getting a Master's degree in, for crying out loud! I would love to be a professor of apologetics someday. That dream started in Chicago after spending a lot of time with Al McBryan and studying Philosophy. Ahhhh......what should I do?

Another decision I have to make is regarding my research paper. I'm supposed to be working on a thesis, outline, and bibliography for my New Testament class. However, the online search tool is giving me headaches. I'm having the most difficult time finding journal articles and/or books. Grrrrr! The outline and stuff has to be turned in at the end of next week. The final paper is due at the end of week 7, I think. Oh, and guess what? The website is down! What should I do?

A final decision: stay online or do homework? Hmmm..........what should I do? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment