Sunday, June 13, 2010

sweet relief (9.23.07)

Hello to all friends and some who just say they are!


I'm finished with my first week of class, and I'm proud to say that I didn't wait until the very last minute to finish my papers. I finished before 10pm, which some of you understand that that is the time I usually begin working on my assignments.

This week has been very challenging. For the past 4 years I've been accustomed to attending classes on various campuses. I've had a set schedule, and more of a focus. Now that I'm taking classes online, I've had to discipline myself to set aside time during my day to read, take notes, and to log on to the discussion board. It's been difficult, honestly. Balancing my marriage, school, and just life.....well, I guess God has me in this season to challenge not only my intellect, but also to teach me discipline. Discipline is not something I've been prone to enjoying in the last several years, which unfortunately has led to a complacent lifestyle in various capacities.

The questions to myself are: are you ready to step up to the challenge that God has placed before you? Are you willing to make changes in your life in order to be more disciplined in the physical, the intellectual, and most importantly, the spiritual aspects of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment